You have sent the requests for your references and transcripts, what is next?
Within NursingCAS you have the ability to review the status of your application, references, and transcripts directly from the application.
You may check if your official transcripts have been processed prior to submitting the application.
The Check Status page will help you track your status. The screen is divided into two parts, Application Materials and My Submitted Programs:
1) Application Materials displays the following information for all programs:
- Transcripts – all transcripts Arrived 2 of 3 (yellow—turns green when 3 of 3) > Verifying
- Note only “Official Transcripts” will reach the “Verifying” status
- If you are applying to a program that requires:
- “Unofficial Transcripts” or “No Transcripts” then this section will state that “No transcripts are needed for this program.”
- If you upload a required “Unofficial Transcript” then you will see a “Completed” icon with a green checkmark and the date it was uploaded
- It is important that you check the “Academic History” section to confirm your program’s requirement and upload an “Unofficial Transcript” if necessary
- To navigate to “Academic History” click on “My Application” at the top of the page then click on “Academic History” and “Colleges Attended”
- References – all references, Requested > Accepted > Completed
- Note: References are contained in the “Supporting Information” section of NursingCAS since every program has different requirements this section automatically defaults to say “References are optional for this application. They are not required for submission.”
- However, some programs DO REQUIRE References so you must check the “Programs Materials” section and click on the program’s homepage to check whether or not they require them. Most programs that do require references will not review your application until they are in
- So even though it says “references are optional for this application” meaning the NursingCAS application overall, the specific program(s) you are applying to might actually require references as part of their admissions process
- To navigate to “Program Materials” click on “My Application” at the top of the page then click on “Program Materials” and the name of the program and review their homepage text for any information about reference requirements
2) My Submitted Programs, which shows the same materials but organized by the programs for which they are required
- Official Transcripts for that program
- References for the program – Requested > Accepted > Completed
Users can click each of the areas to view more details. As each of the materials move through the statuses, the information and color of the subtabs changes (yellow to indicate in progress, and green to indicate complete). Statuses for each area are as follows (with numerical indicators (0 of 1, 2 of 3) to indicate the status of in-progress items:
- Transcripts: Arrived > Verifying
After official transcripts have been received and you have submitted your application, the status moves into “Verifying”. If your program requires Full Transcript Entry (tip: check the “Academic History” > “Transcript Entry” section to confirm) the Verification process may take up to 2 weeks.
After the verification process is complete, your program status will appear green, with a final status of “Verified”.
When items are not required, that information also displays for clarity. For example, when transcripts are not required, the Transcript section displays Transcripts Not Required.
For Undelivered programs, users can click links to “Check your notifications” and “review the program” before clicking the button to Resubmit Programs.
On the “Submit Application” page you can also Remove Program(s) you no longer wish to apply to by clicking on the trash can icon.
- Verified – NursingCAS has cross checked your official transcripts with your Coursework entered in the “Transcript Entry” section and has Verified your information is correct, then we calculate multiple GPAs for the program(s) to use to make admissions decisions.
Please note: NursingCAS will continue to process any materials that come in and will make them available to your designated programs. So as long as you have submitted your application by their deadline then your transcripts with your final grades will be available to their admissions/nursing staff as soon as they are processed.
Unfortunately, there is no way to tell if your transcripts have arrived until they are processed and scanned. Our operations process all transcripts for NursingCAS in the order that they are received. However, we do continue to process them even after a deadline has passed. Please keep in mind that due to the high volume of mail received daily it can take between 7 – 10 days to post a transcript to an applicant’s account.
If you have questions about the program specifically and how they review transcripts, we recommend reaching out directly to the school.