This is an exciting time. You are taking an important step towards becoming a nurse or continuing your education. And we want to help you prepare to be a successful applicant during the 2017 – 2018 NursingCAS Cycle.
To make sure you have a great experience, avoid frustrations, and reduce any unnecessary anxiety, please consider the tips below.
The Re-Applicant feature allows any applicant who had an account from the previous cycle to review and select which sections of the application, including personal information and academic history, will carry over to the 2017 – 2018 application.
- It is important to use the “Re-Applicant” feature even if you don’t plan to “re-apply” to a program but want to use your data and transcripts again to apply to new programs.
- The “Re-Applicant” feature is available to all users who had a NursingCAS account during the previous application cycle which ran from August 25, 2016 – August 18, 2017, regardless of whether or not your application was verified or even submitted to a program during that time.
- The following items DO carry forward in the NursingCAS 2017 – 2018 Cycle: transcripts, data entered into the personal information, academic history (including coursework entry data), and supporting information sections.
- The following items do NOT carry forward in the NursingCAS 2017 – 2018 Cycle: references, materials uploaded and data inputted into the program materials section, social security numbers and payments.
- Applicants who would like to start fresh with a blank application can still use the “Re-Applicant” feature and maintain their ID and login information.
- The new re-applicant feature does not create a re-applicant account instantly. Once you have signed in and requested your re-applicant account, your request will go into a queue for processing and you will be notified via email when your re-applicant account is ready. It can take up to 24 hours to process and become available. Please do not expect to have your re-applicant account ready to fill out on launch day if you request one at that time.
For more information and visual instructions, visit this page.
What’s Different about NursingCAS 2017 – 2018?
A Fee Assistance program is available to allow applicants who meet economic hardship standards based on the Department of Education’s criteria to obtain a waiver in order to submit their application. A new Applicant Help Center is available, it’s a searchable resource with enhanced instructions & FAQs on how to complete the application. The NursingCAS search feature and filters will be further enhanced to help you find programs. You will have the ability to opt into text alerts regarding your NursingCAS application.
Each program that processes applications via NursingCAS can customize certain elements of the application, so it’s important to be aware of any program-specific requirements.
- Visit the Program Materials section to view your program’s admissions requirements, read their homepage text to ensure that you meet their criteria and for instructions. You will also be able to see if they require you to upload any specific documents, answer custom questions, identify prerequisite coursework, and/or request references.
- Visit the Academic History section to view your program’s Transcript and Coursework Entry Requirements. Depending on how the school configured their program’s requirements, there are different types of verification NursingCAS will conduct based on their transcript and transcript entry type selected. Learn more about verification.
- Transcript Type: Programs decide if they want to applicants to provide official transcripts, unofficial transcripts, or no transcripts via NursingCAS. This requirement will display in the Colleges Attended section. If you are required to send official transcripts, you will only need to provide one set of transcript(s) and you can use those transcripts for any programs you apply to via NursingCAS.
- Transcript Entry Type: Programs also decide if they will require you to input full transcript data (meaning all of your college level coursework), transcript data for prerequisites only, or no transcript data. This requirement will display in the Academic History > Transcript Entry section. Some programs require you to input full transcript data because NursingCAS provides a comprehensive set of GPA calculations to the program that they need order to review your application.
- Request any required official Transcripts. If you need to send in updated transcripts, request those to be mailed to NursingCAS (P.O. Box 9201, Watertown, MA 02471) as soon as possible. Remember to download the Transcript Request Form which is generated once you input your colleges attended.
- Please note: NursingCAS accepts official transcripts sent electronically from Parchment or Credential Solutions
- Use the “Check Status” button to keep track of your progress. You can view if your official transcripts and/or evaluations have been processed.
We realize you are excited, eager and probably a bit nervous about applying. The NursingCAS team understands the importance and the stress that comes with the application process.
So if you have questions or difficulty please contact the NursingCAS customer service team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 617-612-2880, between the hours of 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM ET, Monday – Friday. And please review the Applicant Help Center and visual instructions. Visit www.nursingcas.org to access resources, including the applicant newsletter, events calendar, and program directory.