You have sent the requests for your materials for your application such as transcripts, what is next?
Within NursingCAS you have the ability to review the status of your application and your transcripts directly from the application. To do so, follow the steps below:
Applicants can now check if their official transcripts have been processed prior to submitting their application. The application interface has been redesigned to include four tabs along the top of the page (My Application, Add Program, Submit Application, and Check Status). The first three tabs are existing screens that have been elevated for easier access.
The Check Status page is new and was designed to help applicants find this page more easily and track their status. The screen is divided into two parts, Application Materials and My Submitted Programs:
1) Application Materials, which displays the following information for all programs:
- Transcripts – all transcripts Arrived 2 of 3 (yellow—turns green when 3 of 3) > Verifying
- Note only “Official Transcripts” will reach the “Verifying” status
- If you are applying to a program that requires:
- “Unofficial Transcripts” or “No Transcripts” then this section will state that “No transcripts are needed for this program.”
- If you upload a required “Unofficial Transcript” then you will see a “Completed” icon with a green checkmark and the date it was uploaded
- It is important that you check the “Academic History” section to confirm your program’s requirement and upload an “Unofficial Transcript” if necessary
- To navigate to “Academic History” click on “My Application” at the top of the page then click on “Academic History” and “Colleges Attended”
- Evaluations (References) – all evaluations, Requested > Accepted > Completed
- Note: Evaluations is another term for “References” which are contained in the “Supporting Information” section of NursingCAS since every program has different requirements this section automatically defaults to say “Evaluations are optional for this application. They are not required for submission.”
- However, some programs DO REQUIRE References/Evaluations so you must check the “Programs Materials” section and click on the program’s homepage to check whether or not they require references since most programs that do require references will not review your application until references are in
- So even though it says “evaluations are option for this application” meaning the NursingCAS application overall, the specific program(s) you are applying to might actually require references as part of their admissions process
- To navigate to “Program Materials” click on “My Application” at the top of the page then click on “Program Materials” and the name of the program and review their homepage text for any information about reference requirements
2) My Submitted Programs, which shows the same materials but organized by the programs for which they are required
- Official Transcripts for that program
- Evaluations (References) for the program – Requested > Accepted > Completed
Users can click each of the areas to view more details. As each of the materials move through the statuses, the information and color of the subtabs changes (yellow to indicate in progress, and green to indicate complete). Statuses for each area are as follows (with numerical indicators (0 of 1, 2 of 3) to indicate the status of in-progress items:
- Transcripts: Arrived > Verifying
After official transcripts have been received and you have submitted your application, the status moves into “Verifying”. If your program requires Full Transcript Entry (tip: check the “Academic History” > “Transcript Entry” section to confirm) the Verification process may take up to 2 weeks.
After the verification process is complete, your program status will appear green, with a final status of “Verified”.
When items are not required, that information also displays for clarity. For example, when transcripts are not required, the Transcript section displays Transcripts Not Required.
For Undelivered programs, users can click links to “Check your notifications” and “review the program” before clicking the button to Resubmit Programs.
On the “Submit Application” page you can also Remove Program(s) you no longer wish to apply to by clicking on the trash can icon.
- Verified – NursingCAS has cross checked your official transcripts with your Coursework entered in the “Transcript Entry” section and has Verified your information is correct, then we calculate multiple GPAs for the program(s) to use to make admissions decisions.
Please note: NursingCAS will continue to process any materials that come in and will make them available to your designated programs. So as long as you have submitted your application by their deadline then your transcripts with your final grades will be available to their admissions/nursing staff as soon as they are processed.
Unfortunately, there is no way to tell if your transcripts have arrived until they are processed and scanned. Our operations process all transcripts for NursingCAS in the order that they are received. However, we do continue to process them even after a deadline has passed. Please keep in mind that due to the high volume of mail received daily it can take between 7 – 10 days to post a transcript to an applicant’s account.
If you have questions about the program specifically and how they review transcripts, we recommend reaching out directly to the school.