Open Seats One of the benefits of NursingCAS is to provide notifications to applicants about programs that have available space. Did you know that more than 14,000 seats go unfilled annually? Review the listing below to determine if you would like to apply to one of these programs.
- Palm Beach Atlantic University
- Saint Xavier University
- Union College – Nebraska
- Boise State University
- University of Tennessee Health Science Center
Deadline Extensions Programs often extend their deadlines in order to allow applicants more time to complete the admissions process. Review the list below to see if any programs you are interested in have extended their deadline.
Palm Beach Atlantic University School of Nursing is now accepting BSN applications for those with an AA or previous BA/BS for the Spring 2018 semester. Allow us to give you a quick overview of why PBA School of Nursing is a great choice:
- Our 95% average pass rate on the NCLEX over the past five years demonstrates that we prepare our students well.
- We are located right on the Intracoastal Waterway in warm, sunny West Palm Beach–just a short walk to the beach!
- We have affiliations with most major hospitals in southeast Florida, which facilitates landing a job after graduation.
- Our small size means more individualized attention by our faculty whose primary passion is teaching.
- We have a BSN to DNP program that allows for seamlessly moving on to graduate school after obtaining your BSN.
- We are a Christian university with a strong commitment to the teachings of Christ and to welcoming students of all faiths.
Our Minimum Requirements:
- GPA of 3.0 or better on prerequisite courses
- GPA of 2.75 or better on Science & Math courses
- TEAS Total Individual Score of 68.7% or better
Our First Look/Best Look deadline is October 1, 2017.
Visit our website for more information.
Contact Nancy Peifer at Nancy_Peifer@pba.edu with any questions about our program.
Saint Xavier University Top Ranked Online School of Nursing program has seats available for the Fall 2017 class in their Online RN-BSN option.
The semester begins Aug. 21, with an application deadline of Aug. 1, 2017. Please contact Director Dr. Reneau at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Union College, the #1 nursing program in Nebraska, is currently accepting applications for our Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program for January 2018 – APPLY TODAY! Union College’s nursing program is one of the best and here’s why:
- Our nursing graduates had the highest NCLEX-RN pass rate in the state of Nebraska for 2016 (97%) and 2015 (94%) and consistently score at least 10% above the national average!
- The nursing curriculum is only five semesters long!
- Clinical rotations begin the first semester of the nursing program and are held in all the major hospital systems in Lincoln as well as in the community.
- Small class sizes of 30 students in a lecture and an average of 6 students in a clinical group ensure that you will get individualized attention and your professor will know you by your first name.
- Every student in each clinical course utilizes the state-of-the-art Simulation Center multiple times each semester.
- Our faith-based program prepares students to care for patients holistically – mentally, spiritually, emotionally, and physically.
- A minor in leadership can be completed simultaneously with the BSN degree.
- The Global Health Nursing elective course creates an opportunity to travel to Nicaragua over Spring Break to provide care to the Miskito Indians.
- As the first BSN program in the state of Nebraska, our students and graduates are part of a long-standing tradition of excellence.
- We have LPN to BSN and RN to BSN tracks available if you’re already a nurse and want to finish your BSN.
If you’ve been searching for a nursing program with a tradition of excellence, small class sizes, and professors committed to your success, you’ve found it! Apply today!
Questions? Please feel free to contact John Luckiesh, Admissions Coordinator, at email@example.com or 402-486-2674.
It’s not too late! Apply by July 15. Start your DNP Fall 2017.
The DNP at Boise State is post-master’s program for nurse leaders who aspire to improve health care organizations and systems, to advance nursing practice and education, and to improve outcomes for patients and populations. The carefully designed curriculum prepares students to apply course content such as leadership theory, advocacy, budget and finance, technology, and research and analysis to the development of an impactful and sustainable Scholarly Project.
Education Requirements: We welcome nurses with master degrees in nursing or in complementary fields (social work, business, public administration, health administration, etc).
Note: Applicants with master degrees in non-nursing fields must also have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
The University of Tennessee Health Science Center (UTHSC) College of Nursing has open seats for Spring 2018 admission in Accelerated BSN. The deadline is August 15, 2017. We look forward to reviewing your application.
The accelerated BSN program is a 17-month on-campus program that prepares students for initial RN licensure. We are proud to inform you that we have 100% passing rate on the NCLEX-RN exam from our BSN graduates three years consecutively!
Please visit our website for additional details regarding admission, curriculum, and scholarships.
Harding University’s Family Nurse Practitioner Program (MSN) has extended the deadline to 6/30/2017 (or until the open seats are filled).
We offer an online program with required on campus time once a semester. The program is offered as either full time (5 semesters) or part time (8 semesters). New BSN graduates are considered for the part time plan.
Features of our program include:
- Small class sizes with accessible faculty
- Hands on workshops (suturing, splinting, women’s health exams, male exams, etc)
- Asynchronous lectures to allow for flexible learning times
- Audio lectures, Power Point lectures, face to face clinical conferences via online media
- Mission trip opportunities for clinical credit
Please contact Dr. Dona Clarin to discuss the program at 501-279-4809
Kentucky Christian University has open seats and is extending its applications deadline to June 30, 2017 for fall semester for the following programs:
- Prelicensure BSN (on campus)
- RN-BSN (online)
Submit your completed application by June 30 for consideration. Fall semester begins August 22.
The University of Massachusetts Graduate School of Nursing in Worcester, MA has extended the deadline for our PhD Program (BSN to PhD and Master’s to PhD) till July 15th.
Please contact Carol Bova Director of PhD programs at 508 856-1848 for questions and details about the program.
Application Deadline: August 15, 2017